8/31/2015, 11:19:59 PM
Health/Fitness & Nutrition
Today we chatted with Marcus Kowal the owner and lead instructor at Systems Training Center, as well as the founder and CEO of FitnessCenter.com and professional MMA fighter—damn!
Marcus tells us that he began his journey into the Martial Arts world at the age of 15, and has transformed this passion into an exciting life long career.
By the time Marcus was in university in England, he realized that competing, teaching, and all things martial arts would become a part of his life forever. Post-grad, Marcus turned pro when he moved to Mexico and later moved to California and began teaching people self-defense via Krav Maga. Marcus tells us some thrilling tales from his life story and shares with us the best fighting styles to meet your personal needs.
This episode covers fitness, self-defense, training for families, competition and more in this information saturated interview. If you are interested in hearing the multiple benefits of incorporating Martial Arts into your lifestyle program tune in!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
• Which form of Martial Arts will fit your needs
• How Martial Arts training can build confidence
• What it takes to be a professional fighter
• Different forms of Martial Arts your kids should try out
• Differences between Krav Maga, MMA and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
• The nutritional lifestyle of a professional fighter
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
• Marcus’ gym: http://systemstrainingcenter.com/
• FitnessCenter.com will be live in a couple of weeks
• Marcus’ stand up comedy act: http://bit.ly/1PHyLSM
• Twitter @MarcusKowal
• E-mail Marcus at: Marcus@SystemsTrainingCenter.com
• For Rob’s Free Workout Template: Text “Lifting” to 33444
Want to contact our amazing sound engineer Ryan? Send him an e-mail here: RyanTX2LA@gmail.com
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also if you are interested in getting some free Naked Infusions Salsa, T-shirts or tote bags please leave an honest review for The Open Sky Fitness Podcast on iTunes!
Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (and would like to hear yourself on the Open Sky Fitness Podcast), click on the link on the right side of any page on our website that says “Send Voicemail.”
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!